So, I met a guy today. He was ballsy enough to stop me on Lake Shore Drive, in the middle of traffic, to ask for my number. His approach was genuine, and I am single, so I said, ok, what the hell. Couldnt talk much, I was on my way to a lunch date (and hello, we were on Lake Shore Drive). So I gave him the number and bounced.
Off bat, he really wasnt my type--he was nice and hearty like cornbread muffins...and yams...and collard greens with sweetmeat...on a Sunday...at grandma's. Arms like ham shanks, peanut butter complex. Sweet talking lips. Everybody knows I loves me a largely proportioned man. But something was holding him back from being completely my type of hype. But despite the fact that I wasnt instantly feeling his physical in totality, I decided that it wouldnt necessarily hurt to see what the mental was looking like...plus, I liked his approach.
A couple hours later, homeboy sends me a text and asks me how my lunch date was. Throughout the day, the texts continue but only for me to be less and less interested in this dude. The second text was asking where I live. The third asked my age. The fourth, fifth, sixth, and so on, all pertained to him retreating to my place of residency. So I draw the conclusion that this guy doesnt really seem like he is trying to get to know me. He didnt ask me anything, other than my age, thats part of the "getting to know you" process.
Meet a girl on the street (literally), and you instantly want to come to my place?? You could be knucking futs, or worse, I could be. And it didnt really come off as "I want to get in your pants" kinda thing, but still. It was just odd that he was hell-bent on coming to my place when (a) we have never even talked on the phone, (b) he doesnt know ANYTHING of substance about me other than my age, and (c) we just met, um, today.
There is a pace for things. Drive slow, homie. You wanna come to my place? Well, play your cards right and you may end up there. Maybe Im prudish. Maybe too Im old-fashioned. Or maybe this man is just too swift for my taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment