Now that I am officially the blogger, I guess I am going to start blogging my life away. After a mini-marathon of Sex & the City, I have drawn a major conclusion: when it comes to relationship status in society, universally speaking, there are only two options. Either youre married or you're single. So, ok, duh right. But looking further into it.....any other title goes unrecognized and unacknowledged. It seems as if all the shit that you do in between singledom and marriedhood is obselete. An older woman at my job asked me was I married and I said "no", and she said "okay, so youre single" as if there is nothing in between. Even if youre seeing/dating someone, or having sort of adult version of "going with" someone, because its not marriage, it does not get the pleasure and rank to be titled, because its not marriage. No matter how happy and content you may be with your romantic situation, since its not marriage, you're considered single. Situation seems kinda ill.
Perhaps its because we (twentysomething folk) are expected to be heading towards marriage real soon, I dont know. Once you get a certain age, people just do not honor no bf/gf, dating, "seeing" someone. Maybe Im late in the game on realizing this, but it puts some thoughts into my mind though.
No comments:
Post a Comment