Sunday, January 15, 2006

Dating My Damn Friends

I am sick and tired of dating my friends. Not "dating my friends" as in dating someone who is a male friend of mine, but literally dating my damn friends, like going on what would normally be considered romantic experiences under male/female circumstances, except engaging in said experiences with my damn friends.
Weeks ago, Im sitting in Olive Garden with its beautiful decor, dim lights, quiet chatter, romantic mood, and white wine...lovely aint it?
But not when youre doing so with your female buddies. The whole damn time Im thinking, why am I am not here with a man?
My friends and I, we go on walks in the park, dinner at nice restaurants, see movies, go to museums, etc. so on and so forth. Yeah, its fun to chop it up with the homies (I love my friends!) but daayyyyumm, can I do this shit with a man????
I love a good ol' girls night, but every damn time should not be girls night. When is somebody going to take me out on date???? And not just anybody cause then that won't fulfill my need.
I am really serious about this. Is dating like, played out or something? Did that memo not reach me? I have only been on one date and that actually was two years ago. I was 22 years old before I had a real dating experience. There is something terribly wrong here.
Is it that men aint got they shit together, or is it that women are so self-sufficient and can "take themselves out" that men dont even bother to court us? Or the even bigger question is whether or not this is just happening to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment