
...and not T3.
We have a massive olive oil crisis on our hands. (I am aware that I may be the only person who truly cares about this.) Went to Trader Joes AND Whole Foods and came to the conclusion that, regular frickin' olive oil is no longer in demand. I just want some light olive oil. Don't need extra virgin. Whole Foods has (brace yourself) about 50 varieties of extra virgin olive oil and not a single non-extra virgin. I blame Rachel Ray. The term 'EVOO' has taken the world by storm, and now everyone seems to fall in line with the idea that extra virgin is the only kind of oil we need in our lives. I am not a chef, but, from my understanding of oils and such, extra virgin olive oil is usually used for garnish, sauces, and dipping. I didn't think you are actually supposed to cook with extra virgin olive oil. But, then again, I don't know everything. It saddens me that I have to go to Jewel or high a** Dominicks just to get some regular olive oil, when I should be able to get it from TJ or WF. Just needed to get that off my chest...
Half way through the post, I was getting ready to tell you to go to Jewels or Dominicks. LOL. I use olive oil all day, everyday, for everything. I bought a olive oil depenser thingy a while ago because I wanted to feel fancy while I cook. We need to share receipes. I dont just cook soul food, as a matter of fact, I rarely cook that. :-)
ReplyDelete