Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Let's Do Lunch: Pat and Gina Neely


The Neelys are some of my favorite Black folk on TV. I was SO excited when I saw them on Paula Deen for the first time, but I had no clue that they'd be coming out with their own show. Down Home With the Neely's brought a sense of freshness to Food Network. I had not seen much Blackness (or color, for that matter) on FN since Melting Pot, and seeing the Neelys do their thing on FN made me fall in love with the network all over again. Although I cringe when Gina calls Pat "daddy" on TV, I absolutely LOVE this husband and wife duo in the kitchen. BBQ is their main hustle, but The Neelys take Southern comfort cooking to another level with recipes like Creamed Collard Greens and Fried Deviled Eggs. Hey Pat, Hey G...can I come over?
If you love Pat and G like I do, visit them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment